Friday, August 23, 2013

BROTHERS



Our monthly IRONMAN meeting that we call FIGHT CLUB is coming this Saturday August 25, 2013 and is sure to sharpen us up to be our best as men!
Our goal every month is “…that we may present every man mature in Christ.” Colossians 1:28
I wanted to share part of something I posted two years ago because it is so relevant for today… here it is…
I had the opportunity to ask some of the guys why they come to Fight Club... This is they said;

                      To build Godly relationships.
                      Stir my faith.
                      Help me become a better man now and when I have a family I will lead them right.
                      It's a spiritual checkup.
                      I need fellowship.
                      Opportunity for male bonding that's different than world's way.
                      My flesh tells me to stay home and sleep in on Saturday mornings, so I need to do opposite.
                      Helps me see that I'm not alone in this.
                      Accountability
                      I come ready to speak into other men's hearts, and ready to serve others.
                      I come to be an example to other guys, that this time is important.

I want to add another reason to this list, and it's this: If we don't give the time, energy, and discipline to find out just, “What is a man?” and “What kind of man should we train our sons to be?” then we are just as confused as the average guy that's out there.

Let me get to the point... If you are a man, you need to be at Fight Club!


But even more than that, you need to discover what a real man is, how he lives, how he treats women, and how we pass on the power of manhood to our sons and grandsons. None of us just wake up one day and are instant men! No, it takes a clear, distinct, and intentional purpose and process... to get there!

We both know our culture is in deep trouble... and a major factor for it is a loss of vision for manhood! But praise God there is good news... The Bible provides us with the map to real manhood... and many guys are finding it and living it... and training their sons with it!

This next Fight Club I will be helping us discover the power and freedom that comes from living in Brotherhood!
Men; come out to the Fenton Campus… We start at 9am. Bring another brother with you!

Keep fighting the good fight men... Karl


No comments:

Post a Comment