Thursday, September 1, 2011

I LOVE MY CHURCH!



Having a blast at Faith City teaching our series called “I Love My Church”! I have served the Lord for over 34 years and almost 30 of them as a pastor. The older I get and the more experiences I gain in the ministry, I am convinced that multitudes of Christ followers never comprehend how much God desires us to love His church. 

Pastors are told to "shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood." Acts 20:28 

Husbands are told to "love your wives, even as Christ loved the church and gave himself for her." Ephesians 5:25

If Christ loves the church this much, we also should value it highly. If to be Christlike, (which should be the goal of every believer) means to value what He values and to turn away from what He disdains, then loving the church should be high on our list! 
The church is refered to in the Bible as the Bride of Christ, the Building of God, and the Household of faith. To refer to the church in this way shows us the crucial role it plays in God's plan for man! Peace, Karl

No comments:

Post a Comment