At Faith City we call our men's ministry, Iron Men Ministries. Among the things that we do during the year, is our major monthly meeting every 4th Saturday which we call “Fight Club!”
Fight Club is the place that men of God come together to encourage each other to live the “good Fight of Faith”! We are fighting with spiritual and ethical bravery to lead our families, church, and community!
This year in Fight Club we have been working out the question; “What does integrity look like in the life of a man of God?”
Every month we take one key personal commitment that describes a man’s life when he lives with biblical integrity. Here are 6 commitments we are discovering and working on as Iron Men!
- An IRON MAN aspires to honor Jesus Christ by obedience to God’s Word through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- An IRON MAN will pursue vital relationships with a few other men, understanding that he needs brothers to help him stay solid in his walk.
- An IRON MAN strives to practice spiritual, moral, ethical and sexual purity.
- An IRON MAN aspires to build a strong marriage and family through love, protection & biblical values.
- An IRON MAN willingly supports the mission of his church by honoring and praying for his pastor and leaders and by actively giving his time and resources.
- An IRON MAN strives to influence his world, by living a consistent Christian testimony and sharing the Gospel when and where the opportunity presents itself.
Any man serious about becoming a man of integrity could use these six commitments to start his journey of self discovery... locating where you are right now, where you want to end up, and the road to get there.
I had the opportunity to ask some of the guys why they come to Fight Club...
I will be sharing what they said in my next post...
Keep fighting the good fight men... Karl