I was looking over my notes for a message i taught at my church last summer and thought it would be good to share them here... Take them, teach them, use them share them, meditate them... lets help the next generation...
Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6 NAS
A major need of our children is to help them form a Biblical Worldview!
- Parents/ Spiritual leaders - we must be intentional and strategic in helping our children arrive at a Biblical worldview.
- Worldview - The means we use to interpret and respond to reality. How we view the world!
- Our worldview is how we make sense of the world...
- Most people develop a worldview by default, and by junior high young adults have developed theirs.
- War is on for our children's hearts, minds, and life.
Building a Biblical worldview starts by helping your child process the following seven questions.
1. Does God exist?
2. What is the character and nature of God?
3. How and why was the world created?
4. What is the nature and purpose of humanity?
5. What happens after we die on earth?
6. What spiritual authorities exist?
7. What is truth?
- These questions take us from the beginning of eternity to its end with what is important in between!
- The goal is to help our children learn how to think, and this should become an open ended dialogue.
Hope these notes and questions help you get started training your children in the way they should go... Blessings, Karl