Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Peter wants to tell you something!

“I wonder what would happen if we all agreed to read one of the Gospels until we came to a place that told us to do something, then went out to do it, and only after we had done it, began reading again? There are aspects of the Gospel that are puzzling and difficult to understand. But our problems are not centered on the things we don’t understand, but rather in the things we do understand, the things we could not possibly misunderstand. Our problem is not so much that we don’t know what we should do. We know perfectly well, but we don’t want to do it.”

Came across this statement made by Dr. Peter Marshall who was a Scottish American preacher and twice served as Chaplain of the U.S Senate in the early 1900's. He is remembered most popularly from the biography A Man Called Peter, and the film made from it. Passed into heaven on January 26, 1949. When I read his quote I was convicted to my soul... See, we are all given the life, breath, and free will to follow and do the will of our heavenly Father... but we can get confused and pray for God to do what He wants us to do, and then try to do what God is suppose to do... I am reminding myself with this quote to get back doing what I am called to do, and believe God will do what He said He will, and how bout you?

In Him and never coming out, Karl

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that brother, God's job is to difficult to do, I'm going to let God handle that and work on doing my part instead of his...

    ReplyDelete