Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Honesty still best policy!

Our one main purpose in life is to be you. To be the person that God made you to be. Now I know, you and I are not perfect. You never will be, but we can be honest. We can love the truth. and want to know the truth, and want to tell the truth. The Bible reveals where true originates; “For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ.” John 1:17...

We need both God’s grace and His truth. Truth without grace turns into legalism and there’s no way we can live up to that kind of pressure. On the other hand, grace without truth becomes licentiousness – a deceptive live of shadows.

Proverbs 28:13 says, “If you hide your sins, you will not succeed. If you confess and reject them, you will receive mercy.” If we’ll confess, tell the truth, be honest, and be transparent - we’ll find compassion, forgiveness, cleansing, healing, and prosperity. What a deal! Also 1 John 1:9 declares, But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.”

Honesty builds relationships. Lies and deception destroy relationships. The quickest way to destroy a relationship is to lie or be deceptive.

Oh, what joy for those whose disobedience is forgiven, whose sin is put out of sight! Yes, what joy for those whose record the Lord has cleared of guilt, whose lives are lived in complete honesty! When I refused to confess my sin, my body wasted away, and I groaned all day long... Finally, I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide my guilt. I said to myself, “I will confess my rebellion to the Lord.” And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone. Psalm 32:1-3,5

Could Holy Spirit be speaking to you right now about something? I don’t have to list all of the possible things you could be hiding, He knows and you probably do... Give it up, do the scriptures, and get happy again! Become honest, walk in the light, live out in the open, and you will find the pressure will suddenly be gone. Yes, honesty is still the best policy...
Blessings, Karl

1 comment:

  1. i have believed and followed for some time now that it simply goes against God's character to bless anything built upon a lie....simple as that! doesn't matter how big or small, what your 'reasoning' is or anything else....he simply cannot do it! so don't lie! good word pastor! blessings...

    ReplyDelete