Thursday, June 18, 2009

Choose the Right Road...

Deuteronomy 30:19 gives us a clue into God's will for us. It says, "I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both you and your children may live." 
God sets before each one of us paths to follow, but it is our decision to choose which path... I do not understand all the whining some people give to how bad their life is when it's their choices that put them there...
It is so easy to blame God for everything bad that comes our way, but it just isn't so... No, there is a curse that has been in effect since sin in the Garden of Eden, and it's out there looking for those who will travel it's road. 
Two roads or ways that you can go, one leads to Curseville and one leads to Blessings City. God warns us not to travel down the road to Curseville; but He gives us the freedom to choose... AND He urges us to get off that road because It will lead to disease, addictions, and other calamities that are needless and unnecessary. 
OK, so what do I do to get off the road to Curseville? It's as simple as choosing... In other words, if you see your on the wrong road and you see destruction ahead, just repent, commit your way to His way, and He will deliver you from the curse... 

Remember this next thought for the rest of your life; "No matter what you've done, God doesn't want to get you for it, He wants to forgive you of it". God doesn't want to slap you down, but lift you up, but you and I must trust Him and choose to get on the right road. 
Pray this, "Jesus, I have chosen the wrong road and right now I ask you to forgive me. Today, I choose life by choosing your way. Thank you for delivering me and filling me with Your Holy Spirit... Thank you, Jesus..."

5 comments:

  1. i come in contact with a lot of people that complain about their current situation, praise God i don't live in curseville, and Lord help me make better choices so you can lead me deeper into blessings city,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I choose blessing city. :) Also, I'm loving the new header, it made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was just the right word for me at just the right time....thank you for taking the time to post it so God to speak to me! you're a blessing as well....

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks a bunch too for adding me to your blog list and leaving me such encouraging comments! much appreciated! blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pastor, thanks for visiting.
    I choose Blessing City. I praise God for all that he has done. I am learning to praise him through adveristy so that I continue to be an overcomer. Adversity/obstacles are but a distraction to keep us from giving Him the praise, honor, and glory! :)

    ReplyDelete