Friday, May 1, 2009

Your Decision

Ever say,” I wonder when God is going to do something about this situation or this problem”? If you have you might be surprised to find out that the answer depends entirely on you. Let me give you a bible story to bring my point home.

In Mark 5 we find a situation of a man with a sick daughter. Let’s see what it says...

One of the rulers of the synagogue came, Jairus by name. And when he saw Him, he fell at His feet and begged Him earnestly, saying, “My little daughter lies at the point of death. Come and lay Your hands on her, that she may be healed, and she will live.” So Jesus went with him, and a great multitude followed Him and thronged Him. Mark 5:22-24 NKJV

Here was a man equivalent in authority to a city mayor, so determined to get to Jesus that he pushes through the wall-to-wall crowd, and throws himself down in front of the Master. This guy has already decided what he wants, and when he gets to Jesus he tells Him... “Just lay your hands on my girl and she will live”! What does Jesus do? He doesn’t say anything... He stops what He was doing and starts following Jairus. Wow, this is amazing...

Out of all the crowds surrounding Jesus this day, who is directing the ministry? I tell you, it was the man that made a faith decision to get his little girl healed.... In a crowd of possibly thousands the faith decision of one man is directing the actions of Jesus...

So what does this mean to us today? It means if you are setting around waiting for Jesus to decide to heal or deliver you... for Jesus to decide to help you... for Jesus to decide to prosper you... you’re in for a long wait... WHY? Because that isn’t Jesus decision, it’s yours... And it’s time for you to make your faith decision... will you do it? If you can, write me and let me know your faith decision... Peace, Karl

1 comment:

  1. my faith decision is to be a better housekeeper once and for all for my husband...he's not here yet but the Lord is waiting on me to move my bottom in faith and get it done...there's a direct connection to his showing up and i am in preperation for that day in doing these things! good post!

    ReplyDelete