Monday, November 10, 2008

Sunday Gets Crazy at Church...

I am still buzzed about Sundays service... It was over the top. Attendance was packed... expectancy was high... the anointing was present... " God, You are awesome". We had 12 new members join the church body... which is encouraging, because these are folks that are taking seriously becoming a part of something and adding their gifting to make it a better place... We were into part two of series called, "Crazy Love" where we learned about checking our baggage we pickup in life on God's Love airlines where He guarantees to "lose our luggage"... had a lot of people respond to unloading all the baggage of the past... much healing was going on...
Then we had a lunch for all our Growth Group leaders and those that will be leading new groups this next semester... Got some new exciting Growth Groups coming up in Jan 09... It was a working lunch to revisit the vision for our small groups and get a basic rundown of what and whens on the next groups... it was exciting to see the support of the Faith City vision concerning small groups. January groups will be exceptional. More later...
The day was so charged for me that I forgot to eat until Kathi and I went to Walgreen's about 6:30 to get some coupon deals, (she is becoming my coupon Queen) and I expressed that, "Wow, I think I'm hungry, I should eat something..." which we went home and had this fabulous beef roast that Kathi had in the slow-cooker over night... and it was soo good. I realized that we have changed our eating habits this year. We eat less calories a day than we did a year ago... and slowly we have lost weight, gotten smaller in our sizes, and gained more energy... I have lost 32 lbs and Kathi... I can't tell you, but it's all good... anyway more also on this subject later... All in all Sunday was a great day... Peace, Karl

2 comments:

  1. it was a super service pastor, funny and entertaining, as well as enlightening, as always! keep up the great work! blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard so many great things on the service... can't wait to watch it on YouTube!!

    You guys really are doing great... with the couponing.... and you both are so small now! Way to go. You both look younger and healthier than you did a year ago.

    ReplyDelete